We are one of the leading manufacturers of CLC foam concrete equipments, and have exported to many countries around the world. We can supply machines as part of a production line, or complete turn-key manufacturing plants.
Polypropylene fiber reinforced for concrete (pp fiber)
Polypropylene fiber is also known as polypropene or PP fiber.
These fibers are produced using advanced centrifugal spinning technology, with the addition of heavy weight additives and special surface treatments.
PP fiber has high durability so it's widely applied in the concrete manufacturing industry as a reinforcement, to reduce shrinkage and cracking while keeping the costs and weight low.
Chemical and physical properties of Polypropylene fiber
- Good mechanical property, tough, flexible, and has good resistance to fatigue
- The fiber is usually transparent
- Colorless, odorless, tasteless and non-toxic
- Resistant to temperatures above 1000°C
- Resistance to O2, steam, grease, and other gases
Advantages of using Polypropylene fiber
- Can be easily and evenly dispersed when mixed with mortar or cement
- Convenient to use, no need to change the mixing ratio of mortar, cement. You just add the fiber into the mortar mixer after mixing with water.
- Economical, only need small quantity but still ensure the quality of the light concrete produced
- Plastering is very easy as the fiber is distributed evenly
- Has stable chemical properties, resistant to acid and alkali, allow can be used in many applications such as bridges, underground works, water supply, dikes and dams.
Advantages of fiber reinforced concrete
When mixing PP fiber with cement, you get excellent quality concrete with good dispersion, better affinity, and strong bonding ability. Other advantages include:
- Prevent cracking, suitable for road, floor and wall applications ...
- Increase the waterproofing, ideal for swimming pools, reservoirs ...
- Increase friction resistance
- Increase cold tolerance and freezing conditions
- It's better to use concrete mixed with PP fiber than using steel mesh
- Prevent cracks from appearing and developing
- Resistance to impact and peel
- Suitable for the production of waterproofing and anti-rust flooring, interior and exterior of the industrial building and civil works.
|Applications||Used for lightweight concrete according to ASTM C1116 standard|
|Length||19 mm ( other lengths: 10,12,15,19,20,24,48 mm)|
|Melting temperature||160-170 °C|
|Flexural Strength||> 500 MPa|
|Acidity and alkali resistance||High|
|Standard||EN 14889-2; ASTM C1116|
|Specific Gravity||0,91 g/cm3|